Our friends just call us TAP*
We are a community-focused program of the Department of Human Development and Family Studies and the Department of Special Education at the University of Illinois. Our Resource Room is housed in the Family Resiliency Center and provides a place where families and professionals can find information or preview materials that might be helpful to them.
We focus on:
- Providing a resource and referral center for parents and professionals.
- Developing and evaluating model programs in training and family support.
- Facilitating collaborations between agencies, schools, and individuals that enhance the community’s capacity and quality of services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and their families.
Funding is provided in whole or in part by The Autism Program of Illinois and the Illinois Department of Human Services.
Additional funding and support for TAP has been provided by:
- Private donors to the College of Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences (ACES) and to TAP
- The Carle Foundation
- The Christie Foundation
- The Department of Human Development & Family Studies
- The Family Resiliency Center
- The Department of Psychology
- The Department of Special Education